On 7 April the World Health Organisation is holds its annual World Health Day to raise awareness on the importance good health and wellbeing.
Last year there were some great events organised by the NHS. This year’s theme is ”Aging and health“.
“The topic of World Health Day in 2012 is Ageing and health with the theme “Good health adds life to years”. The focus is how good health throughout life can help older men and women lead full and productive lives and be a resource for their families and communities. Ageing concerns each and every one of us – whether young or old, male or female, rich or poor – no matter where we live.”
We hope to be able to promote World Health Day events in Essex as soon as they become available.
2012 World Health Day Events in Essex
The 2012 World Health Day falls on a Saturday so we hope that there will be plenty of exciting events announced this week. More Soon!
2011 Events in Essex
Health Fair and Activity Day - Saturday 2nd April 2011
In 2011 NHS South East Essex, Rochford District Council, local Hockley businesses and community clubs used the day to promote a huge range of healthy activities, suitable for all the family, in the Hockley area.
Throughout the week the general public had the opportunity to sample some of Hockley’s exciting, healthy, fun activities including;
There was a Health Fair and Activity Day at Belchamps Scout Centre with refreshment and craft tents, stalls, sideshows, live music, martial arts, gym, yoga, nutrition and health, beauty and massage and for the kids; face painting, egg decorating, Easter egg hunt, fancy dress competition, crate stacking, kick boxing, climbing, archery, mini crossbows, pedal karts, fencing lessons and much more.
Health Zone – including Traditional Herbilism, Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Kids Martial Arts, Beauty, Massage, Change 4 Life, Kids gym, Yoga, Massage, MEND, Nutrition and Fitness.
Kids Activity Zone:
The kids activity zone included many fun events, such as:
- Inflatable zone
- Fencing lessons
- Crate stacking
- Rifle shooting
- Leap of faith
- Mini crossbows
- Pedal karts
Mon 4th April 2011
- 11am: Free First Aid Seminar at Hockley Health Club
- Archery and Shooting at Belchamps Scout Centre
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 07758 855276
Tues 5th April 2011 – Free
- Kickboxing/Kung Fu workshop – Shi Kon Martial Arts
- Phone 01702 546 257, Email email@example.com, Web: http://shikon.com/
Weds 6th April 2011
- 7:30pm - Free Yoga workshop with Caitlin Maskell
- Phone: Caitlin Maskell i07736383547
Thurs 7th April 2011
- Health Walk at Hockley Woods (meeting in car park at entrance near The Bull Pub)
- ALL DAY - Monkey Bizziness Children’s Activity Centre - Phone: 01702 202 066 (Half Price entry)
- 7:00 pm Free Tai Chi workshop – Shi Kon Martial Arts (Phone 01702 546 257, Email firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: http://www.shikon.com )
Fri 8th April 2011
- 6:00pm: Free Kung Fu kids workshop – Shi Kon Martial Arts ( Phone 01702 546 257. Email email@example.com Web: http://www.shikon.com )
All week activities - 2nd April – 8th April 2011
- Free Trial Workout and Classes at Hockley Health Club for 14+ age group. See website for class details www.hockleyhealthclub.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 01702 208771
- Massage – Estury Therapies £5. Email: email@example.com, Phone: 07758 855276. Web www.estuarytherapies.co.uk
- Angelic Beauty – 20% off all beauty treatments. Phone: Ally on 07951 697566
To obtain full details of all events including times and venue addresses, please contact Gavin King at Shi Kon Martial Arts on 07834 555 772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can view details of activities on the NHS South East Essex website at www.see.nhs.uk
For the South East Essex World Health Day the focus on on getting active and being healthy. Weight issues are one of the biggest challenges across Essex at the moment and this event makes a good start at tackling them. You can learn more about how to lose weight at MotleyHealth.com
- 5 WOMAA Gold Medals Brought Back to Essex
- Colchester Comedy Festival – 18th to 30th April 2013
- Get Essex Kids Active in 2012 – Fight Obesity and Improve Health
- Hockley Health Show – Sunday 23rd of May