Essex is a beautiful county and has some excellent stately homes and venues that can be hired for a dream wedding.
Here is our round up of the best wedding venues in Essex, so if your partner keeps asking, “where can we get married?” just use this as your shortlist. Many of the venue also host wedding fairs where you can learn more before making a decision.
Stock Brook Country Club, Billericay
- Stunning manor house with top leisure facilities and golf course, perfect Essex location for wedding.
- Stock Brook Country Club, Queen’s Park Avenue, Stock, Nr Billericay, Essex CM12 OSP
- Tel: 01277 650400
- Web: www.stockbrook.com
Marygreen Manor, Brentwood
- Marygreen Manor has been accepted by the Registrar as a suitably dignified venue for the holding of civil ceremonies. Subject to availability we are pleased to offer our Samuel Pepys Room for ceremonies any day of the week including Sundays.
- The Marygreen Manor Hotel, London Road, Brentwood, Essex CM14 4NR
- Tel: 01277 225252
- Web: www.marygreenmanor.co.uk
Hylands House, Chelmsford
- Hylands House is a beautiful grade II* listed building that offers a spectacular setting for celebrating your love and commitment. Our staff offer a professional and experienced service, and work with you to plan the day that you want. Hylands House is a popular wedding venue in Essex, offering civil wedding ceremonies, civil partnership ceremonies as well as being a beautiful venue for an evening wedding reception.
- Hylands House, Hylands Park, London Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 8WQ
- Tel: 01245 605500
- Web: www.chelmsford.gov.uk
Three Rivers Golf & Country Club, Cold Norton
- The building itself is luxuriously appointed with a modern, light and airy feel, with space and views second to none.
- Caters for traditional English wedding, Asian and Jewish weddings too.
- Three Rivers Golf & Country Club Stow Road Cold Norton Purleigh Essex CM3 6RR
- Tel: 01621 828631
- Web: www.threeriversclub.com
Greenwoods Hotel, Spa & Retreat, Stock
- Greenwoods offers a sumptuous venue, excellent catering and a level of staff commitment that will guarantee the smooth running of your most important day. The elegant Library and adjacent Boardroom are ideal for small, exclusive civil marriage and partnership ceremonies and celebrations with the gardens and fountains providing an idyllic backdrop. The Millennium Suite is the perfect option for up to 80 daytime guests.
- Greenwoods Hotel, Stock Road, Stock, Essex, CM4 9BE
- Tel: 01277 829205
- Web: www.greenwoodshotel.com
- Imagine getting married in a wonderful old castle where once the Earls of Oxford entertained King Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth I.
- Hedingham Castle, Bayley Street, Castle Hedingham, Essex. CO9 3DJ
- Tel: 01787 460261
- Web: www.hedinghamcastle.co.uk
Layer Marney Tower, Colchester
- Layer Marney Tower is available for wedding ceremonies and receptions throughout the year. You may have your Wedding Ceremony in the Corsellis Room with up to 120 guests, or in the hall of the gatehouse with up to 15 guests.
- Layer Marney Tower, Layer Marney, Colchester, CO5 9US
- Tel: 01206 330784
- Web: www.layermarneytower.co.uk
Woolston Manor Golf & Country Club, Chigwell
- Set in 200 acres of Essex countryside. Offering a beautiful venue for weddings, bat & barmitzvahs, christenings, parties and other functions.
- Abridge Road, Chigwell, Essex, IG7 6BX
- Tel: 020 8500 2549
- Web: www.woolstonmanor.co.uk
Orsett Hall Hotel & Restaurant,
- From an intimate service for 20, to a formal reception for 350, you can rest assured your day will be something special at Orsett Hall. You and your guests can enjoy the peace and tranquillity of the extensive landscaped gardens. It is a beautiful setting for any wedding.
- Orsett Hall Hotel, Prince Charles Avenue, Orsett, Essex, RM16 3HS
- Tel: 01375 891 402
- Web: www.orsetthall.co.uk