St. Patrick’s Day is on 17th March. Many pubs and clubs around Essex are celebrating Paddy’s Day on Friday and Saturday with food, drink and music.
St Patrick’s Day Bash! – Braintree Arts Theatre
Celebrate St Patrick’s Day at Braintree Arts Theatre! Festive food and drinks will be available to purchase and you can dance the night away to London’s top Ceilidh band ‘Licence to Ceilidh’.
O’Neill’s Irish Bar – Brentwood
Sunday 17th March will be 2013’s biggest party! All day, with breakfast, Guinness and music.
- 86 High Street, Brentwood, Essex CM14
- Tel: 01277 264558
O’Connors in Chelmsford
Connors on Hall Street is Chelmsford’s only Irish pub. They always celebrate St. Patrick’s day and often with some live music. Tel. 01245 299 126.
The Green Man, Herongate
Often there is live Irish music playing traditional Irish ditties to keep you jigging all night.
- 11 Cricketers Lane, Herongate, Brentwood, Essex CM13 3PZ
- Phone: 01277 810 292
Touchline Live Music – Hullbridge
Fantastic Live Music from the Swamp Cats – Irish music to get the party going
- Hullbridge Sports Club, Lower Road, Hullbridge, Essex, SS5 6BI
- Phone: 07775 761406
O’Neill’s in Southend-on-Sea
Celebrate St Patrick’s Day and enjoy the best craic in town. Irish breakfast, and the best Guinness to live music and big hats, your local O’Neill’s will be partying all day and late into the night.
- 119a High Street, Southend-On-Sea, SS1 1LH
- 01702 332 761
Rendezvous Casino – Southend
Celebrate St Patrick’s Day Rendezvous style!
Previous years they have had Irish-themed Sunday roast dinner, discounted pints of Guinness ALL DAY, live music and comedy. Free entry to all so pop down and enjoy the celebrations!
- The Rendezvous Casino at the Kursaal, Eastern Esplanade, Southend on Sea, Essex
- Tel. 0170 266 7286
** Previous events – no updates but they may still be doing something this year **
We have not received updates, but parties took place at the follow venue last year. Give them a call.
St Anne’s Castle, Great Leighs
- St Patricks Day Special
- “The Oldest Inn In England”
- Main Road, Great Leighs, Essex, CM3 1NE
- 01245 361253
King’s Oak Hotel, High Beach
- St Patrick’s Day Party Night, Oak Lounge & Gastro pub.
- Pauls Nursery Road, High Beach, Essex, IG10 4AE.
- 0208 508 5000
Chequers Pub, Matching Green
- St Patrick’s Day, traditional Irish specials.
- Matching Green, Essex, CM17 0PZ
- 01279 731 276
Harlow Rugby Club
- Friday 16th March – St. Patrick’s Dinner St. Patrick’s Day, Irish night with a few tables remaining at 25 pounds per person.
- Contact Steve Foreman on his mobile 07753 749708 or talk to Diane behind the bar.
- Elizabeth Way, Harlow, CM20 2JQ 07802 197 995
Pat Molloy’s in Colchester
Pat Molloy’s are hosting a free St. Patrick’s Party
- 66 North Hill, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1PX
- Tel: 01206 578555
Royal British Legion, Westcliff
- St Paddys Night Disco with DJ Phil at the Royal British Legion in Westcliff. Non Members £1 Members and children Free.
Artisan in Hall Lane, Chingford
- Live music throughout the day. Traditional Irish dancers 7:30pm and 11pm
- Live music from The Runaways from 8.30pm
- Traditional Irish Food served all day!
- 11 Hall Lane, Chingford, London, E4 8HH
- 020 8524 4355
O’Neill’s in Leytonstone
- Beannachtaì na Féile Pádraig!
- With big hats, great craic and the best Guinness in town
- A variety of acts from 4pm until late.
- 762 High Road, Leytonstone, London, E11 3AW
- Tel: 0208 536 4039
Sugar Hut Nightclub, Brentwood
- St Patrick’s Day, 8pm – 2am.
- Ross Byrne lights up the main room with Liam Bone looking after the Karma Bar and Matt P dishing out those classic Soulful tunes in the Gallery Bar.
- ARRIVE EARLY – check the website for dress code and prices.
- 93 – 95 High Street, Brentwood, CM14 4RR.
- 01277 200 885
- http://www.sugarhutbrentwood.com/ (Music plays on the website!)
The King’s Head, Great Baddow
- Live Irish music at the King’s Head in Great Baddow.
- 49 Maldon Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 7DN
- 01245 476 087