A festival for the family at Marsh Farm in Essex. See CBeebies’ Mr Bloom and Lloyd from Art Attack, then take part in the Shaun the Sheep championships.
As all parents know, summer brings the daunting prospect of keeping your kids occupied for the long 6-week break without going completely crazy! Fear not, because Marsh Farm in Essex is hosting a wonderful family event called KidsFest on Sunday August 9th which is designed to be like Glastonbury for children and will guarantee that you’ll have at least one day off from hearing your offspring whinge ‘I’m bored’.
KidsFest has an incredible line-up of characters and performances for your kids to choose from. These include:
- Mr Bloom – the CBeebies gardener who will be encouraging all to ‘Meet the Veggies’ on the main stage.
- Lloyd from Art Attack – creative children will love the arts and crafts session from this popular Disney Junior TV show.
- Mad Science – much more fun than your average Chemistry class, this demonstration features bubbling potions and funny laboratory antics all whilst educating your little ones.
- Happy’s Circus – an all-human circus including acrobatics, sword balancing, magic tricks, clowns and much more.
- Shaun the Sheep Championships – sports day-style games for all the family including sack races and cabbage keepie uppie!
- Dino-Mania – youngsters who are fascinated by dinosaurs will be wowed by the Jurassic beasts on show at this walkabout exhibit.
- Bubble Inc. – be amazed by some Guinness World Record bubble blowing!
Other fantastic activities include bouncing around the Inflatable Village or taking classes such as Little Scrummers for rugby enthusiasts, Babyballet, SOS Sirens Cheerleading or a Harold Huxley Drama workshop. Kiddies who are into all things transport-related will have fun at the Essex Fire Museum display and the London Transport Supercar.
The whole family can also meet princesses, pirates, superheroes and an intergalactic robot throughout the day as well as being thoroughly entertained by Partyman entertainers including Bam Bam, Samtastic and Crazy Daisy.
Chariots For Children
For those of you who are planning on bringing smaller children along with the rest of your family to KidsFest, a brilliant solution to keep their little legs happy exists in the form of ‘Chariots for Children’.
These small carts allow youngsters who are tired of walking or need a little snooze the opportunity to take a nap or rest inside a ‘chariot’. Although they come with a plastic moulded canopy, fabric cover and trolley liner for the price of £14.99, it’s worth bringing your own cushions, pillows or blankets to make sure your kids are extra comfy on the day.
Ticket Prices And Venue Details
The great thing about the KidsFest ticket price is that there are no hidden extras. Aside from your food and shopping, everything listed is included within the cost of your ticket. The standard price for admission is £19.99 if you pay in advance, or £25 on the gate. Children under the age of 2 can attend the festival for free. If you already hold a Marsh farm Annual or Magic Pass, then the cost of a ticket is £12.50.
The venue is located at: