Chelmsford railway station is not the only building to get a makeover. The office blocks next to the station will be demolished to make way for a new Amlin HQ. The offices which will be demolished are The Courtyard (the old Job Centre), Caxton House, and St Mary’s House in Victoria Road.
Currently Amlin’s headquarters are in Amlin House on Parkway, just on the junction with Friar’s Walk on the same block as Pizza Express, Cafe Rouge and Rayleigh Hi-Fi.
Who are Amlin?
Amlin plc is a specialist insurance and reinsurance underwriting group listed on the London Stock Exchange. They employ around 1,000 staff in the UK. Amlin plc. headquarters is in London. The Amlin group consists of 6 parts:
- Amlin UK (commercial insurance business, operating through Syndicate 2001, based in Chelmsford)
- Amlin France (small and medium enterprise speciality business, operating through Syndicate 2001 and ACI, based in Paris)
- Amlin Bermuda (reinsurance business)
- Amlin Corporate Insurance (marine, commercial property and liability insurance in the Benelux region, based in the Netherlands and Belgium)
- Amlin Re Europe (non-life treaty reinsurance business for insurers in the Continental Europe)
- Amlin Singapore (speciality business, operating through the Lloyd’s Asia platform)
Amlin UK’s headquarters is in Chelmsford. Find out more about Amlin UK on their website at www.amlin.com/aml/business/amlin_uk/. Amlin advertise job vacancies on their website at www.amlin.com/aml/people/recruitment/.