If you are considering moving to Essex then the only way to learn about Essex is from Essex Portal! Here we provide some valuable information on the country’s favourite county.
Why Is Essex Such A Good Place To Live?
Essex is a prosperous county in the South East of England. It has excellent communications links with fast commuter services into London City. There are 2 international airports (Southend and Stansted) and London City Airport is on the border with London too. From Harwich you can take a ferry to the Hook of Holland and the M25 motorway provides quick access to the rest of the country.
Essex boasts some of the best state schools in the country too, with its grammar schools often featuring at the top of the country league tables. There are also many very well respected independent schools too.
Essex has some excellent coastline and several traditional sea-side towns. There are also numerous golf courses, nature reserves, woodland parks and waterways for leisure and recreation. There are many places to fish if where you can enjoy coarse fishing on rivers, lakes and in the sea.
Some of the country’s biggest and best shopping centres are in and around Essex, with the Lakeside shopping centre in Thurrock, Bluewater just over the Dartford crossing in Kent and Westfield Shopping Centre in Stratford.
Essex is also home to England’s newest city, Chelmsford, which was also once rated as the 8th best place to live in the UK on Channel 4’s Location, Location, Location.
Here are some of our pages to help you get started learning more about what Essex has to offer:
Choosing Where To Live In Essex
- 5 Places to Consider Moving To In Essex
- Where to live in and Around Chelmsford
- Best Commuter Towns in Essex
- Independent Primary Schools In Essex
- Best State Schools in Essex
Going Out in Essex
- Restaurants and Bars
- Chelmsford Gigs and Music Venue Guide
- Best Nightclubs in Essex
- Party Venues and Country Clubs in Essex
- Essex Comedy Clubs and Venues
- Cinemas in Essex
- Essex Beer Festival Diary
- Best Sunday Roast in Essex
Sports and Fitness In Essex
- Essex Football Clubs
- Health And Fitness In Essex
- Best Essex Golf Courses
- Kids Soft Play Venues in Essex
- Sports and Athletics in Essex
- Essex Fishing Lakes and Rivers
Leisure and Tourism in Essex
- Top 100 Things To Do In Essex
- Stately Homes of Essex
- Best Beaches in Essex
- Antiques Centres and Fairs in Essex
- Wedding Fairs In Essex
- Essex Museums
- Essex Castles and Forts
- Essex Fireworks Displays
Staying In Essex
- Bed and Breakfast Accommodation in Essex
- Essex Camping and Caravan Sites
- Essex Holiday Parks
- Luxurious Hotels in Essex